Monday 5 May 2014

Buttons! Buttons! Buttons!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this elsewhere, but I work as a Library Assistant at a school library. Our fiction collection is ridiculously small, so last year I organised a book drive.

Though I pretend it wasn't, the response was very disappointing.

Sometimes it's hard, getting proof that not everyone is as enthusiastic about reading and learning as you are. But despite last year's failure, I refuse to give up. I keep reminding myself that there are those who DO love reading- and who can learn to love learning- if only they can see it in a different light. So for this year's book drive, I've done something different for this library.

Buttons!

We created about 30 button designs that we are offering for sale to students. We are also offering smaller items, in addition to posting a revised version of last year's Amazon Wish List to our website so that parents and others can help us stock our shelves. I had promised some on twitter that I would upload the buttons to tumblr when the designs were finished- so here they are!

Feel free to request these in higher resolution if you're interested in making them for your own fundraising.





No comments:

Post a Comment