Thursday 2 October 2014

Book Review: Cinder & Ella



Sometimes there are books you've been hearing about for a while before they're released. You know the ones: other bloggers get all up in arms about Why You Must Read This Book.

I admit, they're often right. I've found some gems like that.

But this time, it didn't happen like that. The author was having a Facebook Ball to launch her book, and someone posted a link to it. Intrigued, I clicked over, but stayed only long enough to get the name of the book- Cinder & Ella- which I promptly bought off of Amazon and sent my cousin a copy because hey, it sounded good, plus it was discounted.

Best. Decision. Ever.

I have spent the last four hours in tears, so angry I wanted to fling my phone across the room (didn't), and in tears because I was so angry. I laughed, and cried because of that happiness. I felt for Ella and connected with her in a way that still surprises me, because she's nothing like me. I'm not scarred. I wasn't raised in a single-parent family. I'm not bullied, nor was I ever.

But in some way I still can't understand, I was her and she was me.

I blame it all on the author, Kelly Oram. She breathed such... life into Ella. Such vivacity. So much pain. And her wicked wit didn't hurt one bit. And it wasn't just Ella. It was her family. Her friends.

It was Cinder.

Do yourself a favor, and get. This. Book.

As for Kelly Oram... well. If even one more of your books is as good as this one was, I suspect you'd hop, skip and jump onto my list of Authors I Will Read With No Questions Asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment